Thursday, October 28, 2010

Not Available

Did you happen to read this post?  OCD

The magnet in that post came from Orange Tree Imports.  There are a lot of stores that sell that same genre of novelties, the 1950's pictures with humorous captions.  I have another magnet to show you that came from Savior Faire, one of my favorite shops in Madison.  Before I show you, let me side step briefly.

Everyone at my office has a sign on their door that looks similar to this:


(I blocked my last name out because this is the Internet after all....)

These clever and functional signs designate one's status: 

Available, please knock
Out of office
I'm not available

The signs are laminated, so one can use the attached marker to write a note on the sign.  For example, if one is out of the office, (s)he could write on the sign, "PTO 10/1- 10/3".  Or, one could write "In meeting until 3 PM", etc.  Messages that are written on the signs can easily be erased with a tissue.  And, as you can see, there is a place for a magnetic marker next to each of captions to indicate if one is available, out of the office, or not available.  I currently use a round magnet with a design in the middle.

But, I'm wondering if I should use this magnet instead when I want to mark my status as unavailable:

1 comment:

Eric said...

I vote yes. But only on a really grouchy day so folks know the deal.