Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dotty Dumpling's Dowry

Scott loves a good burger.  Actually, sometimes he loves a big, old nasty burger such as the one he had at the Village Green mentioned in a previous post. 

I enjoy a good burger myself.  Not very often.  But every now and again a big juicy burger tastes so good. I'm not much of a beef (or meat) eater in general.  Given the choice though, I would most often choose a good burger over a steak.  Unless, of course, the steak is a medium-rare Oscar style filet from Smith & Wollensky's.  That's a steak in a class by itself.

True to my "food & drink" theme on this blog (think I'll ever get to a "health & fitness" theme?....yeah, probably not....), this is about a charming place here in Madison that serves awesome burgers.



That's what it's called.  Dotty Dumpling's Dowry.  Funny name.  Famous for burgers. 


Dotty's has an interesting, non-traditional selection of burgers.  Here is one you can't get anymore though.



Apparently, even if you want one, you can no longer get an ostrich burger because "Due to unforeseen circumstances our ostrich purveyor is no longer in operation."  That's what the sign says. 

Ostrich burger?  Really?  Honestly, even if I could get an ostrich burger at Dotty's, I wouldn't. 

What I would get at Dotty's is a nice cold brew.  Dotty's has an impressive number of beers on tap.  Ahh...Wisconsin....they do love their beer up here.



I tend to prefer watery domestic beers, like Miller Lite.  Scott likes more stout beers, such as of the Hefeweizen variety.  This is the beer Scott ordered at Dotty's.  I like the name:  Hacker-Pschorr.


 

This is a picture, albeit not a very good one, of the inside of Dotty's.  It's small, cozy, kind of dark, charming.



Scott and I both had burgers.  They were excellent.  So were the onion rings, as evidenced by the empty basket they came in.



Dotty's proved to be yet another great place here in Madison.  We love it.  It was recommended to us by my friend from work, Kori.  Kori is batting 1000.  She hasn't given us a bad recommendation yet.

Next time:  another Kori recommendation and another burger joint called "The Vintage".  Here is a preview picture.


No comments: