Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Car Fires

Car fires are scary. 

To clarify:  All fires are scary, but there is something about seeing a car on the side of the road on fire that is disturbing on a level all its own.  It's like, what causes a car to catch on fire?  What about the fuel when a car is burning-- is it going to blow up?  And it stinks so bad.

Scott had never seen a car fire, until my move to Wisconsin.  Even though he hasn't been up here steady over the past 7 months, during the times he has been here visiting, he and I have seen 4 car fires.  Plus, I saw one when he wasn't here- for a total of 5 car fires in 7 months.  That's a lot, isn't it?

We have been astonished by the number of car fires we've seen here.  When Scott was in Madison this most recent time, he commented (jokingly) that he hadn't seen a car fire during his visit.  No kidding- within 2 days of him making that comment, we passed by this scene on the Beltline:




We felt so guilty; like our (joking) comment about not having seen a car fire made one manifest. 

Seriously though, witnessing 5 car fires in 7 months?  Isn't that creepy??  What is up with car fires in Wisconsin?

1 comment:

ReneeH said...

WOW! That is a lot of car fires. I think I've only see 2 actually burning in my life. I think I've seen the aftermath of less than 10. So yes that's alot - whats up with the cheese folks?