Friday, November 19, 2010

Birthday Glimpse

Seems like I have written quite a few blog posts about the statewide office manager at the company where I work.  She is so wonderful and she has truly been a saving grace to me.  Even if she didn't know she was doing it, she has held a light up for me which has helped me find my way over these past 11 months that have been so incredibly difficult.

First thing this morning, on my birthday, she came into my office with a gift.



A cute gift bag from a shop called Therese's in a town named Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.

Go ahead.  Get all the jokes about Beaver Dam out of your head before you continue.

Are you done yet?

I don't believe it.  I know you have one more Beaver Dam joke in you.  Get it out.....

OK.  Now we can move on.

In this Theresa's gift bag was a beautiful, delicate, unique necklace.  I'll be posting a picture of that later.  In addition to the the lovely necklace, also in the gift bag was conversation blocks.  This is what they look like stacked up.



The sayings on these blocks had me really giggling this morning.  This one is my favorite.


Here's another good one.



And a few more that made me laugh....






So I started my birthday today with a laugh.  I have many more thoughts to share about my birthday.  More to come later....

No comments: