Thursday, October 9, 2008

My personal worst Sarah Palin moment yet...

Those of you who know me well know that I have always struggled in my relationship with my parents. While they offer a lot of support to my life, they don't offer any support to me as a person. They don't even know me as a person.

OK, so that's the background.

Let me preface the rest of the message with this: For many of us, it's a bad idea to discuss politics with our parents.

Here we go, to the point of this message, which is "My personal worst Sarah Palin moment yet..."

I talked to my Dad this evening. We talked about the economy (that's a whole other story) and the upcoming election. I told him there was no way I could be passive in this election because the thought of something happening to John McCain and Sarah Palin then becoming president of the United States is horrifying. Here is how the rest of the conversation went:

My Dad: "Everybody likes Sarah Palin but you."

Me (indignant): "Everybody likes Sarah Palin but me??? Who is the "everybody" you are referring to?"

My Dad: "Rush Limbaugh likes her."


I already have a drink, but I don't think it's nearly strong enough....

No comments: