Wednesday, October 15, 2008

John McCain = Colossal Jackass

John McCain = Collassal Jackass: Why is he getting accolades for his performance in the debate tonight? I thought he came across as smirky, sarcastic and demeaning. Did you notice how wide his eyes were open during the debate and how much he was blinking? That just screams "don't trust me".

A couple preliminaries:

1. John McCain said Sarah Palin is a role model to women. Excuse my language, but are you fucking kidding me??? I do not think it's possible for me to be more offended by that remark. Sarah Palin is the antithesis of a role model to women.

2. John McCain said that Sarah Palin understands "special needs families". If either of those two yahoos understood "special needs families", they would know about people first language, in which case they would discuss "families with children with special needs" and not "special needs families".

3. John McCain was talking about children with autism, increases in the rates of autism, and needed research on autism. He then went on to say that no one understands that better than Sarah Palin. Does jackass John McCain realize that Sarah Palin's son has Down's Syndrome, not autism? News flash: autism and Down's Syndrome are two different things.

4. OK, and how about this? Did John McCain really refer to Sarah Palin's husband when he addressed the question about the potential of Sarah Palin becoming president?? OMG. I feel like I could have a stroke. I'm going to have to come back to this later. I mean......Really.... (stroke).... I can't believe.... there are just no words. Seriously, WTF?????

5. The whole exchange about Congressman Lewis' comments and William Ayers is fodder for a future blog. I just don't have it in me tonight. These topics deserve more poignancy that I have available right now.

When I think about the real issues and how some people say they are still undecided or leaning towards McCain, I feel like I could collapse in a heap on the floor.

I have so much more, but it's late so I will have to save some commentary for later. I can't get it all out tonight. But, let me end with this: Is it just me or does John McCain's wife come across as totally rigid and rude? And for some reason I found it so funny that she was dressed all in red tonight and when she went up on the stage at the end of the debate she completely matched the carpet. (How is that for focusing on the issues?)

2 comments:

Erica Jean said...

Thanks for putting it all down in writing! I am now completely flabbergasted by McCain blaming Obama for Joe the Plumber being dogged by the media and The State of Ohio. John McCain was the asshole who decided to use the man for his own devices! I am sorry I am not feeling tons of sympathy for the man either - he is plumbing without the right credentials, owes back taxes to the State of Ohio, and frankly is kidding himself that he is going to earn $250,000 starting his own plumbing business!

ginabean said...

I second the comment on McCain not knowing the difference between autism and downs syndrome.....
How can a parent of a child with downs know first hand about autism....??????
Why didn't the media jump all over that? Are they afraid to point out the ignorance of a presidential candidate or are we just used to it after the last 8 years?