Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Village Green

Upon a recommendation, Scott and I went tonight to The Village Green in Middleton.  Middleton is a suburb of Madison and considered a desirable place to live.  On many national polls, Middleton is ranked one of the best places to live in the country.  Among other good qualities, it has a cute downtown area and The Village Green is one of the establishments there.

The Village Green (not to be confused with The Village Bar that I wrote about in a previous post back on April 16) is definitely a local-joint kind of place.  Not fancy.  No frills.  Just a bar with a dude back behind it frying up some grub, much like The Village Bar.  We had heard The Village Green is a fun place and that they have good, casual (cheap) bar food-- so we decided to go; we're all about fun and cheap bar food.

Now....let me tell you something about my husband.  You know I love him, right?  You know I adore him, right? 

I do have much love in my heart for him, but that man can do some crazy hillbilly shit.  Could he just order a basic burger or cheese burger off the menu at The Village Green?  Nooooo.  Of course not.  Well then, how about a bacon cheeseburger?  Would that do? Nooooo...That wasn't good enough either.  He had to order this:



I think right after he placed his order for The Big Daddy, we should have called to schedule his by-pass surgery.  

Here is what The Big Daddy looked like, hot off the grill:



Is that obnoxious or what?  Let me tell you something.  If I, myself, am asking for The Big Daddy, I won't be talking about a burger.  OK?

To go along with the overly obnoxious Big Daddy burger, the beer Scott ordered came in this glass:



I just need to stop now.  There are no more words.

No comments: