Sunday, July 10, 2011

Christy's Landing

The past couple of weeks at work have been loooong ones.  Very demanding.  Very exhausting.

Two weeks ago, by the time Friday afternoon rolled around, I had reached my limit.  I traveled to Milwaukee early that morning and then had to be back in my office in Madison for a meeting at 1:30.  When the meeting in Madison was over, I jetted out of there.  Sometimes it feels so good to leave work early on a Friday afternoon and get the weekend started.

The weather that day was gorgeous.  Sunny.  Warm.  Not too humid.  Just beautiful. Once I got home, Scott and I decided we would like to find a place to sit outside and have a couple drinks.  Better yet, we'd like to find a place to sit outside near the water and have a couple drinks.  Scott looked on-line and found a place called Christy's Landing located on the shore of Lake Waubesa.

Off we went.

To get to Christy's, you have to travel through absolutely stunning Wisconsin countryside.  Wisconsin really is a beautiful state.

 
At one point, we came to a stop sign at a T in the road.  There was a camera man from one of the local news stations taking shots of a big field.  I would have just driven on.  Scott, being who he is, rolled the window down and asked the guy, "What's out there?"  The camera man told us that there had been some big pot bust in the area.  I guess a farmer found a bunch of marijuana plants on his land.  I'm sure someone was growing it for medicinal purposes.

After winding through more countryside, we found Christy's.  It's situated in a small lake-side neighborhood.  It's right by the lake.  There is a pier so boaters can come up and dock their boats.  Scott and I walked out on the pier, where I took this picture looking back at the place.



I also took this picture from the pier.  Kind of hard to see, but it shows some of the homes and the residents  boat docks that are located next to Christy's.  Scott and I want to live on the water so badly.  It's just so expensive.


Here is a picture taken from where we were sitting.


Yes, that would be my margarita in the forefront of the picture.

Here is another shot from where we were sitting.


I love all the lush greenery that surrounds the lakes here in Wisconsin.  It's like the best of both worlds:  water and land.

I took this shot looking down from my seat at Christy's.  As you can see, right off the deck at Christy's is greenery and then it goes right into the water.  So lovely.


Christy's has a tiki-type bar outside, a patio, and a second-story deck.



How perfect for boaters to come right up, dock their boats, and enjoy a few cocktails at the outdoor bar.  Our goal is to get a boat.  We need to pay off a few bills first.  Maybe next year?  This guy pulled up in a boat.  Where are the rest of the guys from ZZ Top?



So, there you have it.  Christy's.  Nice to have a place to have a few cocktails that's relatively close to our house and right on one of the lakes.  Last picture of Christy's is below.  It's to the immediate left of where I was sitting.  It just shows again how close to the water we were from our outdoor seating.  As you can see, there is a Corona sign on a post (right on) and torches lined up.  I'm sure they light those bad boys on summer evenings to try to keep the mosquitoes down.  The mosquito situation up here is awful.  That's a whole different story though.
 

I took the picture below from the car as we were driving home.  Beautiful rolling Wisconsin countryside.  Someone obviously decided to take advantage of the country road and do a major burn-out.  Whoever did it laid down some serious rubber.  That's one of the longest burn-out marks I have ever seen.  I don't know if you can tell, but the mark goes down that little dip and then up the hill towards the back of the picture.


So, that's that.  A picturesque Friday afternoon.  I do enjoy summer days in Wisconsin.  It's exceptionally beautiful here.

No comments: