Thursday, January 14, 2010

For She Who is Being Tried

What does she know who has not been tried?
The woman who has traveled lonely paths,
knows how to find her way.
She who has weathered losses
gains compassion.
Tested, she multiplies her resourcefulness.
She who has not been tried, what does she know?
She who has been surprised
abounds with vigilance.
Betrayed, she recognizes what is true.
Scarred, she finds her resilience.
Her illusions gone, she deepens.
O woman, you follow a spiral,
rounding and revisiting.
The furrow you plow
is your own life. Reach deep within
the soil you have loosened.
Draw forth its richness.
Be strengthened by the grace of your experience.
~mj abell

2 comments:

smjoseph said...

Very fitting. I believe you will do more than multiply your resourcefullness. This is and will be a great learning experience for you and I both. You're definitely being tried these days, and if I know you, you will overcome. Keep your head up sweet girl. Never give up.

I love you.
SJ

Jeano said...

I love this - I'm sending it to my daughter.