Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard

We are literally having a blizzard here in southern Wisconsin.  The winds are howling and have been since yesterday afternoon starting at about 2 PM.  The snow is blowing like crazy.  Everything is covered with several inches of the white stuff.  I'm not even sure what the total accumulation is at this point.  Plus, there are drifts all over the place.  It's a wicked storm.  A little scary even.  It's all been snow here.  No ice, like other parts of the country are getting.  I'd rather have the snow than the ice.  Actually, I'd rather have neither.

I'm so thankful Scott, the pets, and I have a solid home to protect us from the elements.  We are warm, dry, have plenty to eat.  All our needs are met.  I have been saying a few extra prayers the past couple days for those who are homeless:  people and animals.  This is no weather to be outside. 

We'll stay hunkered down until this storm passes, which hopefully will be today.  Then the digging out begins.......

1 comment:

ReneeK said...

Pictures please!!! Hope all is well.