Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's Been 6 Weeks

Actually, it's been 7.  I told myself if I hadn't started losing some weight by the 6 week mark since I started my Fit Bit exercise regimen, I was going to give up and just accept my fatness.  In 7 weeks, I've lost 7 pounds.  My goal is 1 pound a week, so I have achieved that.  Although truth be told, I had hoped for a little more rapid loss than that in the beginning.  It's better than gaining 7 pounds, that's for damn sure. 

At this rate though, it will take me a little over a year to achieve my goal.  I need to lose 63 pounds from where I started.  As of today, I have 56 pounds to go.  That's a mighty long way, but at least now it's 50-something to lose instead of 60-something to lose.  (Hey-I'll slice and dice it any way I can to feel a little progress.)

So, I'm going to keep plugging away at it.  I have achieved, and usually exceeded, my goals every day for 7 weeks:  minimum of 10,000 steps/day, minimum of 5 miles/day and minimum of 30 very active minutes/day.  I've pushed through a bad cold and 2 menstrual cycles to achieve the daily goals.     

I got my 250 mile badge this past Thursday.

I'm going to keep going.  One step at a time. 

1 comment:

Jeano said...

You go, girlfriend!