Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Eldorado

I am trying to lose weight, but in my efforts to do that I am not willing to give up all the things I enjoy....like going out to eat.  Scott and I are eating out less frequently and I am being more mindful of my diet in general, but we still go out periodically.  The Friday before last, we decided to finally go to the Eldorado Grill-- which we have been meaning to do for quite some time.


Cute place on Willy Street.  It's 1 of several establishments that share a building so you go into a common entry way and then enter the restaurant.  It's smaller than we expected, but cozy and charming and comfortable.  I wish we had gotten better pictures of the inside.


We started off with margaritas.  They were good, but I need to remember that I really don't love margaritas all that much. 
For dinner, I ordered the special and Scott had some kind of seafood enchiladas.  The food was so good, it makes you want to put the "f" word right in the middle of another word.  Like, the food was outfuckingstanding.

The language may be crude, but the food was awesome.  Scott's enchiladas...
My fish special....would make a "something to write home about" topic....

Mine came with 2 sides.  I got mashed potatoes and collard greens.  Those greens.  Oh my.  Those greens.  So, so good.  I would go back again just for those.   Incredible flavor.  Almost tasted like they had been grilled.  Mmmmm.
We shared a piece of melt-in-your-mouth flan for dessert.
We were impressed with the Eldorado.  It exceeded our expectations and is now on the list of places where we would take company when they come to town.  That's a high compliment.  Loved it.



No comments: