Saturday, September 7, 2013

Fit Bit Continued

I have learned a few things about my Fit Bit since I last wrote on this blog. 


#1- I learned that you get initially seduced by e-mail updates and badges but if you want to continue receiving them, you have to sign up.  As with most things that require you to sign up, there is a fee. 

#2- Scott has been very encouraging and as part of that he paid the $49.99 annual fee for me to sign up for the Fit Bit dashboard.  It's actually pretty cool.  Lots of information available. Formats, like bar and line graphs, that are easy to understand.  You can track your own progress as well as see where you stand in relation to others in the general population.

#3- I earned my 50 mile badge.  The next mileage badge isn't until 250 miles.  That's a mighty long way.  So far I have gone 164.54 miles.

#3- It will be 4 weeks Monday since I started.  I have met my goals every single day.  Minimum of 10,000 steps and 5 miles per day.  Also minimum of 30 very active minutes per day and 50 ounces of water daily.  After 4 weeks at that pace, you would think I would have lost some weight.  Yeah, not really.  Maybe 2 pounds.  I told Scott that I am going to give it 6 weeks.  If I haven't lost some weight by the 6 week mark, I'm giving up and just accepting my fatness. 

But, for now I gotta go...I've still got a half mile to walk to get to 5 miles for the day. 

2 comments:

Jeano said...

Good to know about the sign-up fee. Another friend of mine is using the Fit Bit Flex bracelet, and the two of you have really piqued my interest.

Did you happen to take your measurements before you started using it? Sometimes that can be much more telling than the scale, especially when you're building muscle.

By the way, I miss you and Scott. Have I mentioned that lately?

Julie J. said...

Oh Jeano....we miss you too. And I want to meet that sweet new grandson of yours!

No, I didn't take measurements before I started but in hindsight I should have. There is a place to track that on the Dashboard as well.

Given my need for structure, the Fit Bit is really working for me so far. I haven't missed a day yet.....