Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Babcock Hall

There is a building on University of Wisconsin campus named Babcock Hall.  (link)  It's a dairy plant (we are in Wisconsin, after all) and they have a store where they sell ice cream, cheese and sandwiches.

I had heard about the ice cream at UW soon after I moved up here.  Scott and I finally went there for the first time about 2 weeks ago.

There is a typical campus-looking sign that denotes the building.



And the entrance to the building itself is typical campus.



We didn't go to the observation floor to look at the dairy processing plant.  We bee-lined it for the ice cream.  The diary store is a cute place inside.


Looks like they are selling a lot of cheese.  Sold out of several varieties.


We weren't there for cheese.  We were there for ice cream. Scott ordered a pistachio waffle cone and I got peanut butter something-or-other in a cup.


Ice cream was yummy.  They have a few varieties that are "super premium", which I believe translates to "high milk fat".  Next time we go there, I already know what I'm going to order: super premium chocolate.  High milk fat?  Bring it.

I've probably mentioned in other posts how lovely it is that UW campus sits right on the shore of Lake Mendota.  As Scott and I drove away from Babcock Hall, we took this picture from the road through campus looking out over the lake. Gorgeous.


Friends from home:  yummy ice cream and a good view anyone?  Come see us!

No comments: