Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wisconsin Country

If you follow my blog, you know very well by now that I spend quite a bit of time driving across the Wisconsin countryside.  Last week, I drove to La Crosse for the first time.  La Crosse sits on the Mississippi River.  On the other side of the Mississippi River from La Crosse is Minnesota.  That gives you a bit of an idea of the geography.  Driving back to Madison from La Crosse on Rt. 14 took me through idyllic Wisconsin countryside.  

 
When you think of Wisconsin, isn't the picture above exactly what comes to mind?  Well, exactly what comes to mind, sans cows.  And cheese.  And beer.  Anyhow, the countryside was beautiful.  It's a lovely time of year here in America's Dairy Land.

Speaking of America's Dairy Land and cows, a couple weeks ago my travels across Wisconsin took me to a place named Plymouth.  As you enter the small town, this is what greets you.

 
Yep.  A big old cow statue.  What do I always say? 

Only in Wisconsin.

(How did I end in this place???)

  

1 comment:

Eric said...

Knock-Knock.

Who's there?

Interrupting cow.

Interrupting cow wh - "Mooooooo".