Monday, January 17, 2011

Not a Great Day for a Road Trip

It's snowing in Wisconsin--- a lot.  Or at least a lot by my standards.  It's probably like chump change to people from the UP or Minnesota and the likes.  But it's a lot to me.  It started this morning at 6 AM and has been pretty much non-stop all day. 

Unfortunately, I had an important meeting scheduled in Milwaukee today at 10:30 AM.  So off to Milwaukee I went.  Road trip.  Like it or not.

For the record, I did not like it.  It was nasty.  Snowy, blowy, dreary.  It was treacherous.  I do not like driving in the snow.  It makes me nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. 

Thankfully, I made it there and back safely.  I just drove slowly.  I'm pretty sure I was passed by every other car on the freeway.  I'm also pretty sure I later saw a number of those fast drivers off the road in the ditch.

It's still snowing as I type this.  I took this picture just a few minutes ago looking up at the street light across from our house.  All that hazy-looking stuff?  Snow.  It's that wet, heavy type of snow.  It's still coming down hard.




Ummm...yes.  That would be our mailbox. Nearly covered in the snow.

This is a shot looking down the street from the end of our driveway. Very wintry.  At least it's kind of warm.  Warm as in about 30 degrees.  Snow is more pleasant when it's not bitterly cold.  At least when it's semi-warm, you can be outside and enjoy it.



And a pic looking up at our house from the street.


And, finally, that is my love muffin doing a little shoveling at the end of the driveway.  We had literally just finished shoveling the driveway and, as you can see, it already had another coating of snow on it.  And it ain't done snowing yet.



There you have it.  Maybe it wasn't a great day for a road trip, but it was a text-book winter day in the great state of Wisconsin.  Snow, snow, and more snow.

1 comment:

Jeano said...

That is an *ss-load of snow, no matter where you live : )