Saturday, March 31, 2012

Is This Supposed To Be Enticing?

A couple weeks ago, I traveled from Eau Claire, Wisconsin down to La Crosse.  Both cities are located on the far western side of the state.  The trip from Eau Claire to La Crosse was mostly on country roads.  It was a very pretty drive.  I passed through several small towns, including one called Elk Creek.  As I passed by the Elk Creek Inn Bar & Grill, I asked myself:  what the hell?  Now, you know I had to stop and take a picture of this.


Can you tell what it is?  This is, perhaps, a better angle.


Yup.  That's a big chicken on the roof.  Is that supposed to entice people to want to pull in and eat there?  If so, it didn't really work for me.  I didn't see that chicken and go, "oooh, yum...."  I was happy to just get a picture and keep driving.  It did make me laugh, though. 

For a whole host of reasons, I do enjoy my travels through Wisconsin.