Friday, March 18, 2011

Dark Day

Over the course of the past decade, I have had some bad days at work.  That's to be expected and I accept it.  Yesterday, though, was one of the darkest days I have ever had on the job.  I can only think of 2 days over the past 10 years that have been worse:  the day one of our consumers and one of our staff died in a fire and the day I found out that one of our foster parents was accused of sexually abusing the children in his care.

When I got home from work yesterday, the first thing I did was pour myself a very strong drink.  And then I poured myself another one.  Nothing like using alcohol as a coping mechanism, right? 

About half-way through my second drink, I had a good crying session.  Crying makes me feel exhausted, so I believe I was asleep on the couch by 6:30 PM.

Strong drink; crying session; sleeping on couch...........what a way to spend a Friday night.      

Unfortunately, I know the following to be true:  yesterday was bad and Monday is going to be worse.

3 comments:

Jeano said...

I'm sorry. Stay strong.

ReneeH said...

I'm sorry Julie. As for Monday, expect and PREPARE for the worst - pray for the best. I'll be thinking of you.

ReneeK said...

Hope you are better now. Love!